August 18, 2016
I figuratively “hit some dingers” at my buddy, Jon’s meet in LA last weekend. Snatches were OK. I hit 145kg on my 3rd. But I went OFF on my clean and jerks. 3/3. 175kg, 180kg, 186kg for an all-time PR. Footage shot by Rex Flores. If you live in So-Cal and want some video work done by a pro, holler atchyer boi.
August 11, 2016
So If you have not already, go check out the Doom Charts for August. A lot of really good recent releases are highlighted. Here’s a few that will be on my rotation as I drive from Sacramento to LA this weekend.
- Slow Season-Westing. Like an idiot, I missed their set last week because I was busy eating tacos before Black Pussy put on an amazing performance. These guys are like a modern Led Zeppelin.
- Mountain Dust-Nine Years. Heavy HEAVY blues. Check those vocals too, homie.
- Turnip-Window Killers. Atmospheric, psychedelic and HEAVY americana. This is my shit.
- Oak-Oak II. Ballsy desert rock. Also FREE.
- Vokonis-Olde One Ascending. This one will make you want to put on a cape and start a LARP team on the weekends.
Again, go check out the blog for ALL the good shit that came out recently. This is just what I’m going to be bumping this weekend while driving (along this the Khemmis album that dropped last year. I saw them destroy eardrums last night.)
August 1, 2016
I haven’t done anything remotely creative in a while. So here’s a video of some training taken this summer. I fit a decent amount of the team on this one. I also threw some noise on the background. Overall I’m happy with how it came out.